Friday, November 7, 2014

Rhory Camille: Month Two!

Rhory's second month of life has been quite the adventure for her! 

She has:
-gone apple picking
-been to the zoo
-had her first Halloween
-had her baby dedication
-carved pumpkins
-been to several weddings
-celebrated her daddy's birthday
-went to Rockin' Ribville
-taken her brother his new arrangement

Obviously all of these things will never be remembered by her, but they are memories that Josh and I will have forever. Some are family traditions that we hope to continue year after year. We count every day with Rhory as a blessing and are so thankful she is here!

Rhory had her check-up today, which is why this post is a few days late. Doctor said she is just perfect, but of course we already knew that! She weighs 10 lbs, 2 oz and is 22.5 inches long. She had three shots and hated them all! Her cry was just so pitiful, but it didn't last long and she went right back to her happy self for the rest of the day! 

Last week was my first week back to work and it was quite the adjustment. Rhory and I both had to become accustomed to waking up at 5 AM to make sure we were ready to leave by 6:30-6:45 to make it to my mom's at 7 so I could nurse her and then be at school by 7:45 or no later than 8. WHEW! Our mornings are quite the beast, but I am so thankful for all of Josh's help getting things together. Since I am still breastfeeding we have to get the bottles of breast milk ready in the morning for my mom. I had no idea how much she would take the first day and I think we poured 5 oz down the drain - ack! It has gotten a lot better since then though. Rhory is also sleeping from about 9 PM - 5 AM solid, and occasionally goes to bed around 7 PM with a dream feed at 10 and then sleeps until 5. The fact that she is sleeping through the night is MAGICAL and makes for a much happier mommy throughout the day. I still hate leaving her, but I am positive she is in good hands with my mom!

She loves smiling and laughing, especially at her daddy. This girl has him totally wrapped around her finger! For the most part she is a happy, content baby. If it gets too close to bed time or nap time she gets fussy, but once she gets her beauty sleep she is much happier! 

I am so excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up! While I know they will be bittersweet, as are every other holidays, I know they will be much much better than last year. This year we will be doing RACK (Random Acts of Christmas Kindness) in memory of Sawyer, so look for that post in late November! 

Rhory is a true blessing and we are so thankful for her!

Love,
Ashlyn


Sleeping pictures are the best!


:)

Telling secrets :)

happy baby!

Rockin' Ribville in Downtown Lawrenceville

Picking out pumpkins for Oct 15 Wave of Light

Seriously the cutest

This is our Sawyer bear, and I imagine that if he were here she would be laughing just like this at her big brother!

October 15 Wave of Light!

Opening day of gun season!

Happy!

Fall arrangement for Sawyer :)

Misty & Scott's wedding

Apple Festival

Apple Picking

(Almost) Naked Baby!

Kitty Love

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Josh's birthday present!

#adventuresofhuckandrhory

Bonfire for Josh and Brett's birthday!

Excited about the zoo!

Boo at the Zoo!

After my first day back to work!

Morning cuddles!

Sara & Jay's rehearsal dinner!

loves her daddy!

Crazy Cat Lady & A Kitten (Halloween!)

HA! She was tired of trick or treating

My little kitten!

Sara & Jay's Wedding

Baby Dedication

My Mom told me to dress her warm for their walk...

Happy about Monday!






































No comments:

Post a Comment