Saturday, April 13, 2013

baby shower and nursery pictures!

This is the post that everyone has been waiting for lately! I am finally about to post pictures of the FINISHED nursery for baby M! We have worked hard over the last few weeks to get every part finished, and I am so glad everything is done. It seems that we might have finished it just in the nick of time. I will post the nursery pictures first and then the pictures from the baby shower put on by my wonderful family today! 

My dad and Josh painted the wall, and my mom painted the tree! 


His name will be going up, soon, behind the recliner next to the tree :)
Scored the awesome toy chest for only $20 at an antique store!
Looks so much better with a fresh coat of paint and new seat cover.




This is the view out of his bedroom window. Pretty neat, huh?
I hope you all love it as much as we do! The last picture is just so wonderful. How great to know that when I rock my son to sleep at night I can look out the window and be reminded of God's wonderful grace through our whole situation!

Now, on to my baby shower! My aunts, cousins, and grandmother all threw me a golf themed shower today - and they did a GREAT job. The decorations were so cute and everything went together perfectly. It was also nice to spend some time with family and we were so blessed by all of the gifts! Here are some pictures from today :)







All of the food had "golf-themed" names, here are a few!



Even though most strangers think we are sisters, this is my mom :)
WHOA BELLY! although I'd rather you just tell me I look great ;) 

Like I said before, the shower was so much fun and I left feeling so blessed! 

My mom made everything in this picture! (minus the frame underneath)
What a great day! Sorry for the picture overload, but I think the pictures hardly even sum everything up. I am working on the "recap" post and also the FAQ's - just so I can answer them all in one place and everyone will be on the same page! Thank you all for the continued prayers. We greatly appreciate them and couldn't ask for a better group of family and friends. Please keep praying that baby Murphy stays put until May 7... we are almost there!

Love to you all,
Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day :) You look wonderful and you and your mom do look like sisters.

    ReplyDelete