Friday, February 6, 2015

Christmas 2014

This post has been in the works for some time, and I am glad I am finally getting around to posting. 

Christmas this year was probably even more bittersweet than last year. It was our first Christmas with one of our children but also the second without. This Christmas would have been much more exciting with Sawyer because he would have been more interested in the presents and whatnot. We chose to do the Random Acts of Kindness in his memory again, and it was pretty disappointing. Not a lot of people participated, but I have to say that I am so thankful for those that participated and it made their acts of kindness that much more special. 

Bitter and sweetness are two emotions that I have never enjoyed feeling at the same time. Feeling sad about missing Sawyer then makes me guilty that I am not as happy as I should be about what we now have in Rhory. When I am happy about having Rhory here I feel guilty that I may be forgetting Sawyer. In all reality I am 100% sad and 100% happy at the same time, and I have learned that is actually possible.

Josh and I spent some time out at Sawyer's grave and also a lot of time with Rhory and our families. She brought joy that we thought last year was all but lost. Last Christmas was miserable and I distinctly remember begging God to never let us go through another Christmas without another child here, and little did I know we already had one on the way!

Here are some pictures from Christmas








Our RACK - delivering cookies to the firemen (one of many RACKS)



Meeting MawMaw for the first time!






santa came!

















No comments:

Post a Comment