Monday, March 31, 2014

Boots or Bows?! & An Extra Surprise!

I have been eagerly waiting to post this blog! Josh and I found out last Thursday whether baby #2 was a boy or a girl, and it was the hardest thing to keep a secret!

I knew once we found out we were expecting again that there would be a lot of emotions. Sawyer should be here for all of this, and he isn't which makes it really hard sometimes. Right after we found out the gender we drove to his grave to let him know if he would be having a baby brother or a baby sister! I know he is going to be watching over his sibling no matter what, and what an awesome big brother they have!

Gender reveal parties are all the rage now, but this was really special to Josh and I because this baby is such a blessing. We wanted to get our families and a few friends together and tell them all at the same time so we could all celebrate and rejoice together. When we found out Sawyer was a boy, I couldn't contain my excitement and called everyone that NIGHT! Ha! I tried to avoid people this go around so I wouldn't spill the beans, but that didn't stop people from trying to figure it out.

Our party theme was Boots or Bows, and I tried my hardest to make everything come together and match the theme! Here are some pictures from the party:






My mom found these at the store, and we knew they had to be a part of the special day :)

"Old Wives Tales" point to BOY!





So thankful my mom picked these up, a wonderful way for us to include Sawyer :)








 Now! For the BIG reveal :) Josh and I chose to do silly string and let our parents and siblings spray us - EEK!


Everyone who voted Boots! (plus our pups haha)

Everyone who voted Bows!

Getting READY!

I was so nervous - haha

AND THE RESULTS--



IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Now, I said there was an extra surprise... & there is :) This 'TOP SECRET' box was lurking at our feet the whole time with everyone wondering what was inside!




 Everyone knows we wanted to keep Sawyer's name a secret, and we did that successfully until he was born! With that, though, came the use of all the nicknames in the book - Peanut, Baby M, Baby Murphy. I wasn't feeling using those again for this baby, because they held so much meaning for Sawyer so we decided to reveal the name at the party - and NO ONE knew we were even doing that which made me SO nervous!




Rhory Camille Murphy coming September 2014 :)

We are so excited! We have had our 16 week appointment and so far everything looks great. We go back for a 20 week scan, and this is where they discovered Sawyer's heart defect, so we are asking for prayers that this 20 week appointment looks perfect for little Rhory :)

Love, 
Ashlyn

3 comments:

  1. You have my prayers for her next check up, I just know she is going to be beautiful and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlyn and Josh
    I have followed your blog since the beginning, but never responded or made comments because I wanted to respect your privacy. I can't sit quietly anymore! ;-) I have had such a rise of joy in hearing this news. You and your families are so very special to me and you are always in my prayers! Congratulations to both the Murphy and the Davenport families! The Norton's love you so much! Cara

    ReplyDelete