Wednesday, March 5, 2014

2014 Congential Heart Walk - May 10, 2014

Although we should be planning a first birthday party for Sawyer and reminiscing of all the memories we made during his first year of life, we aren't.

Josh left the planning up to me, and I struggled with what to even do. Sawyer's birthday is on a Friday and we will be doing something with our families then, but I wanted to do something bigger. Something that a lot of you could participate in, if you feel led to do so.

May 10, 2014 is the Congenital Heart Walk here in the Greater Atlanta area at Stone Mountain Park. I would love to have you walk with us in honor/memory of our Sawyer. If you cannot walk, you can also give a donation that goes to the Adult Congenital Heart Association and the Children's Heart Foundation. I am wanting to create a shirt that we can all wear the day of the walk, but that is still a work in progress. Our fundraising goal is $1,000 for Sawyer's first birthday. Any amount you give will be such a blessing to both of these organizations!

                                   

You can find more details on our fundraising page, here , and you can make donations through this link.

*EDIT* -  I have removed the link for Walker Registration. The registration was strange and created SEPARATE fundraising pages for EACH walker which would be different that the goal we have set for Sawyer's first birthday. So, with that being said, please just mark your calendars for May 10 if you intend to walk and we will head to Stone Mountain Park at 8:30 AM to register and get ready for the walk at 9 AM! Please let me know if you are planning on coming so I can make you aware of the meeting place for our "group"! If you want to go through the hassle of registration online, feel free but it isn't required for you to be able to walk with us!

  Sawyer's first birthday is going to be harder than either of us could imagine, but I think participating in this walk with our friends and family and raising money and awareness for something so close to our hearts is going to help us make it through. We are so thankful for all of the love and support you all have shown us through this last year. It breaks my heart it has been a year, sometimes it feels like yesterday and others it feels like it was 10 years ago.I want to be picking out birthday invitations and his birthday outfit, but I have to focus on celebrating his life and remembering the impact he has had on us all.

I look forward to raising money and awareness for CHD's and also participating in this walk with our family and friends!

Let me know if you have any questions, or need help registering to walk.

Love,
Ashlyn

1 comment: