Sunday, September 28, 2014

RC: Hospital/Newborn Pictures & Update on Life

Life at home with Rhory has been great! Josh and I enjoyed her and all of her goodness for a week before he had to head back to work. Once he went back to work my mom came over to help me with Rhory and around the house to ease the transition of Josh going back to work. This last week I was on my own - and I think I did pretty well! Rhory and I had a couple of adventures on our own and a couple of days just hanging out at home :) My recovery has been great and I am already back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Rhory is also doing great - at her two week check-up she weighed 7 pounds 13 ounces (up almost a pound from the 6 lb 15 oz she was when we left the hospital). Her sleep has, for the most part, been good. We are going through her 3 week growth spurt currently so sleep is hard to come by at night but I am sure it will return to 'better' soon.

I posted a blog a while back with the update on my job situation. As many of you know I left my teaching position last year to complete the student teaching for my Master's Program in the public school system. Unfortunately during the middle of my program Gwinnett County changed how they do student teachers and only utilize students who are completing a program IN the state of Georgia. My school is online and OUT of state - therefore, Gwinnett county was out and my only options that were relatively close (minimum travel time 40 minutes one way) were Rockdale, Jefferson, Fulton, and Dekalb. In the midst of discovering all of this an opportunity has arisen for me to return to my previous position at the school I was at this last year. I am happy to say I gladly have taken the position because my school allows you to use your own classroom for student teaching and it will be a financial blessing for our family! It is definitely bitter sweet having to go back to work, but my mom is keeping Rhory and I couldn't think of a better plan! Plus, once all of our kids are old enough I will have the perfect schedule because it will be the same as theirs. I go back October 27, when Rhory is about 7-1/2 weeks old. Luckily Thanksgiving break will be right around the corner :)

Now, the part everyone really cares about - PICTURES! Josh and I were blessed with a wonderful photographer who captured not only Rhory's birth but also her beautiful newborn pictures. Any of my mommy friends who are in need of pictures, or anyone really, I encourage you to check out Paige Beni Photography. You will NOT be disappointed! I am not going to post ALL of the pictures here, for some obvious reasons, but I am going to post a good amount because I seriously cannot pick a favorite - I love them all! These pictures are worth more than 1,000 words <3
























Love,
Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't help but smile so big at all of these pictures! Ya'll made a beautiful, sweet little girl! :) So happy!!!

    ReplyDelete