Tuesday, March 31, 2015

What's on the menu? (Week of March 30)

Monday - Tuscani Pasta

Ingredients:
8 oz box rotini noodles, I used tri color
1 jar alfredo sauce - they have a recipe to make your own but the jar did just fine
6 oz of mozzarella cheese, I just guessed
1-2 cups cooked chicken
1 cup bread crumbs
3 T butter
Sprinkle of garlic salt

You can find the correct directions here:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=306080

Results:
I followed this recipe somewhat. I didn't make the alfredo sauce, just used a jar. I also used pre-made breadcrumbs. By the time I put the alfredo/chicken sauce in the pan I didn't have enough to make any other layers so I put all the cheese on top then melted the butter and mixed in the bread crumbs and some garlic salt and put that on top. You will notice my ingredients differ a little from the link. It was a little dry but we used some marinara sauce on it after we cooked it and that made it very good!

Tuesday - Philly Cheesesteak Bell Pepper

Ingredients:
8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
8 slices provolone or pepperjack cheese
2 large green bell peppers
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
6 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tabelspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
salt and pepper, to taste


Instructions for cooking are here: http://shesthebross.com/2013/07/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers/

Results: WOW! These were so good! I am not usually a fan bell peppers but Josh and I were both pleasantly surprised. I will say that the peppers needed to be a little "pre-cooked" so they weren't too crunchy.

Wednesday - Oven Baked Meatball Sandwiches

Ingredients:
Sandwich rolls (cut with one side intact)
Cooked Meatballs (your favorite recipe or frozen, pre-made meatballs)
Pasta Sauce (homemade or jarred)
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese


Directions - http://homecookingmemories.com/easy-dinner-idea-oven-baked-meatball-sandwiches/#_a5y_p=1423591

Results - I bought frozen meatballs and cooked them first but they were so big so the sandwich was hard to eat, but they were good! We froze the leftovers so I am interested to see how those turn out!

Thursday - Cream Cheese and Bacon Chicken Rolls

Ingredients:
4-6 thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Stuffing:
6-8 ounces softened cream cheese

1 tablespoon of minced onion
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
4 Pieces of cooked and chopped Bacon
Coating:
¼ cup flour
1 egg, beaten
½ cup corn flake crumbs


Directions for cooking: http://blog.thelovenerds.com/2013/04/cream-cheese-and-bacon-chicken-rolls.html

Results - Very good, but the chicken took a while to cook... I think next time I will "stuff" The chicken. I also used strips of bacon instead of crumbled bacon - it was still delicious!

Friday - 3 - Ingredient Baked Ravioli

Ingredients:
1 Bag of frozen ravioli
1 jar of marinara sauce (I used Ragu)
2 cups of mozzarella cheese


Instructions for Cooking: http://recipeknead.com/3-ingredient-easy-baked-ravioli/

Results- This was so simple and very good! We had the leftovers for lunch the next day and it was very good. I may add more marinara next time, but it was fine with just one jar!

It has been a fun adventure cooking something different through the month of March!
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment