Tuesday, March 19, 2013

31 weeks!

   Today was the 30 week check up with Dr. Pohl. He was out of the office last week so we are a week behind (I am 31 weeks today, which means 7weeks to go!). As you all know, I am, and have been, measuring ahead for quite some time now. My last appointment I was 29 weeks, but measuring 36, and this appointment I was 31 weeks measuring 38 weeks. Thankfully I haven't had any more jumps in measurements and it is increasing at a weekly rate. Since it has not really evened out (as in gotten closer to what week I am actually on) I am sure my appointment with Maternal-Fetal will show that baby Murphy (peanut) is measuring 4 weeks ahead (fingers crossed not too much more!). Dr. Pohl checked my cervix again and did another FFN. He said my cervix looks great and we will get the FFN results tomorrow - no news is good news so I am hoping for no phone calls from them tomorrow! The FFN is the test that can predict pre-term labor probability in the next two weeks. I go back to Dr. Pohl next week to start the NST (non-stress tests). Those will be on Tuesdays, and I will see Maternal-Fetal every Friday for a BPP (bio-physical profile). Not sure what either of these entail, but I will post a blog update to let you know what to pray for specifically. There are certain things they look for and if anything looks off or wrong they may choose to deliver even earlier than May 7 OR put me on bedrest.
   After the appointment my mom and I went to lunch and then she took me to get my hair done for my birthday! My birthday isn't until the end of April, but I have maternity pictures (they are this weekend, and I can't wait to share them with you all!) and all of my baby showers before then so we decided to go ahead and get it done. Yay for better looking hair! On our way home we made a pit stop - insert funny store here:

   Sometimes I think people don't really know what to say to a pregnant woman, and rather than say nothing at all they get a pretty bad case of word vomit! I posted on my personal Facebook page last week about someone asking me if I was sure I was not having twins... Yep, pretty positive there is just one! Something similar happened again today, and as always I was taken by surprise and wasn't quite sure what to say back. We stopped by the Meat Man (a local butcher shop near where I live) to get some meat for dinners over the next few weeks. The man behind the counter proceeds to say "You look like you're about to pop!", to which I replied, "Nope still got another two months left." We got a good chuckle out of it after we left the store but I am still questioning why people think it is okay to make these comments to pregnant women?! Regardless of how others tell you that you look, you still feel as big as a house and it doesn't help when others point that out. Word to the wise: just tell a pregnant woman how great she looks, or don't say anything at all - she will much appreciate it! 

   I am very thankful that almost everything has been calm and Josh and I have been able to start getting things ready for the baby and not feel too overwhelmed and/or stressed out. I also posted on my personal page about having to put my kitten, Rascal, to sleep last week because he had a disease that was killing him and he was very sick. With all that has been going on it was pretty heartbreaking, but glad he was such a sweet cat while he lived at our house! Being able to stay busy around the house has really kept my mind off of thinking about the delivery and all of the fears I have tied to that. 7 weeks seems entirely too close and I have so much to do! I am hoping the nursery will be done soon so I can post pictures because I LOVE IT! I cannot wait until everything is done and it all comes together! My friend, Claire, had a great idea of making a paper chain to use as a countdown until the baby gets here ... I plan on starting that tonight! I loved the idea especially since delivery is UNDER 50 DAYS AWAY!! Josh and I are beyond thrilled for this next chapter in our lives to begin, and feel beyond blessed to have everyone supporting and praying for us. Baby Murphy is going to be quite a fighter and I know he has a big support team pulling for him. 
   
   My next appointment is with Maternal-Fetal on Friday. It is just a normal check-in with them and the next week is when the BPP testing will start. Please be in prayer that over the next 7 weeks everything continues to stay the same and he can continue 'baking' until 38 weeks. We really want him to be as developed and big as possible in the event he made need surgery sooner than later. Please also pray for discernment for the doctors and that if baby Murphy is showing signs of distress and/or heart failure they will know the right time for me to deliver. Thank you all again for your continued prayers!

Love to you all,
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment