Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wave of Light- Pumpkin Style!

The Wave of Light is the annual event on October 15 that honors and remembers the babies lost to pregnancy loss, still birth, and infant loss. October is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Awareness Month and I have participated in multiple things this month to remember Sawyer, and reflect on the memories and time we had with him. When I realized that October 15 was an event that you all could participate in and help us with my creative wheels started turning. I posted my ideas in the original Wave of Light post. I won't lie that I had my apprehensions about how many people would actually participate. I am sure many of you can relate that when you put an idea out there you have ideas of who will participate, but you aren't even sure if those expectations will be met. My expectations were MORE than met, and Josh and I were completely floored by everyone who participated. 

Some of you were only able to light a candle, and some were able to carve a pumpkin. However you participated, we are SO thankful that you did take part in not only remembering our Sawyer, but all of the other babies gone much too soon. I have taken the pictures and tried to merge them together in to collages. I know there are some repeats, but I think it would be safe to say that I had close to 75 people participate. That is absolutely incredibly, and I am speechless. I spent the first 30 minutes of that hour trying to post my pictures, but my phone was BLOWING up from people sending me pictures and the notifications on Facebook and Instagram. Many of my students participated and were so excited to tell me about their pumpkins the next day at school.

I am posting the pictures here in order to have them for my blog book at the end of the year. If you don't see your pumpkin and/or candle, please let me know so I can add it to this post!





























                                      

Thank you so much everyone!
Until next time,
Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing and beautiful display , I got chills looking at them.

    ReplyDelete