Wednesday, May 15, 2013

finally... A PLAN!

After thinking we would get some answers Monday, I am very happy to say that we finally have some answers today! Let me start with where we left off yesterday.

We attended rounds yesterday and were told that they would make a decision about the plan of action in regards to surgery and that we would know something by today at the latest. I wasn't holding my breath though because they have said that before (Monday) and we didn't get any information. Last night we headed home to our house for the first time in 7 days to sleep in our own bed and because we want to save money to afford the hotel for the days he has surgery and is in the CICU for recovery. Although I hated leaving my baby earlier than usual, I was happy to put my feet on my own floor, love on my animals, and take a shower in my own shower. It was pretty hard knowing we aren't bringing my baby home, but I think I did pretty well. My parents made us dinner and have been taking care of our dog, Dixie. Dixie was SO excited to see us! We "slept" in this morning and made a plan to be down after rounds so we could get an update.

When I walked in our nurse said that he had a great night and that rounds went well. The plan is surgery Monday or Tuesday! They have a very full schedule this week, so they are trying to get him in as soon as they have an opening. I am so relieved. I don't want my baby to have surgery, but he needs it and this is the best option so I am so relieved that they have finally realized this! We have only been trying to tell them this since we got here. After surgery he will still have significant breathing issues because of how the pressure has affected his bronchi and lungs. This will be something that we work on and see how things are after surgery. He also is on a feeding tube right now and it is my hope they will try to wean him off, but his heart issue combined with the breathing issue may make that a long process. Either way he will be getting his feeds so that is okay with me! We will continue to stay at home for the next few nights until Sunday night when we will stay in a hotel so we can be close by for the surgery and recovery. We have no idea how long he will be in the CICU for recovery, but we plan to stay in a hotel as long as he is working on getting better after surgery. I want to be really close by so that if anything happens, and it could, we can be here in the blink of an eye. It scares me to be so far away at home if something might happen.

Thank you for all your prayers, support and donations. They mean a lot and have really helped to alleviate the stress of the financial bills, hotel expenses, and also gas. Some of you have asked me for the link for donations. Our dear friend, Kelly Ford, has set up the link on her blog: growingfordfamily.blogspot.com. The link is on the top right of her blog under "Baby Murphy Fund". I am so thankful for her doing this for us and any amount has really helped us throughout this incredibly stressful time. These donations go through paypal and Sawyer is considered a non-profit so there are no fees associated with the donations and it all goes straight to Josh and I! 

Please continue to pray for the next few days as we wait for this surgery. I think that right now I am okay with everything but as the days go by I am sure I will get more and more worried and stressed. I don't want my baby boy to have open heart surgery, but I know he is a fighter and the surgeon is WONDERFUL! God has his arms wrapped around Sawyer and I know he will protect my baby and also Josh and I. Next week will probably be very rough. Once I know the specific day and time I will let you all know so you can pray with us at that time. Please also pray for Josh as he has to go back to work tomorrow and Friday to save up time to take off for the surgery :( I will be coming to the hospital to spend time with Sawyer. 

Today has been a good day and he has been opening his eyes a lot more! His condition makes him retain fluid and his eyes are puffy so it is difficult for him to open his eyes. He tries really hard! Thank you again for all the thoughts, prayers, and donations. Words can't describe how thankful we are for all of you.

Love,
Ashlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment